BMW Will Reveal 4 New Models in Frankfort This Fall
BMW is busy as a bee these days, preparing for a stellar debut at the 64th International Frankfurt Motor Show. Among the four premiers anticipated are the 2012 M5, M3 GTS Sedan, redesigned 1-Series, and I3.
Preston BMW will give you a brief overview of the vehicles below and promises more details, approaching and following the show. And, if you're fortunate enough to have a trip scheduled for Germany between September 13 and September 25, be sure to make a pit stop in Frankfurt to feast your eyes on the future direction of BMW vehicles.
2012 BMW M5 At a Glance- Production version
- New V8 engine requires less fuel
- Built on an all-new aluminum chassis with heavy usage of carbon fiber
- Produces 25 percent less C02 then outgoing model
- New exterior and new more luxurious interior
- F10 M5 will get ceramic brakes for the first time
- Black Panel technology, which debuted in the 7
- Said to deliver 578 horsepower (hp)
- Zero to 62 MPH Sprint Time: 4.4 seconds
- Top Speed: 155 mph (or 188 mph with optional M Driver's Package)
BMW M3 GTS At a Glance- Alternative to M3 GTS Coupe
- Changes to power, brakes, suspension and exhaust
- More specifics expected to be revealed at the end of June with the 24 Hours of Nürburgring
Redesigned BMW 1-Series At a Glance- New hatch body
- Longer wheelbase and wider track than current model
- To compete directly with the A3, an entry-level, premium market leader
- Enhanced aerodynamic aesthetic
- Punched up headlights, bumper and kidney grille design
- LED signals added to the side mirrors
- Refined interior luxury
BMW I3 At a Glance- Concept
- To be the world's first volume-produced vehicle, featuring a carbon passenger cell
- Powered by an 150-hp electric engine
- Top Speed: 100 mph
- Driving Range: 160 mi.
- Most Recent Estimated Cost: $35,000
Interested in more BMW news? Stay tuned. Preston BMW in Warren, OH, is dedicated to keeping you in formed.