Airbag Safety Advice from BMW
BMW is a luxury brand. After we've stated the obvious, we want to assure you there are so many things the automaker is committed to other than that attribute, one of the most important being safety.
As such, it's no real surprise that airbags are among the Bavarian automaker's most advanced safety systems. But lets not leave it all up to the advanced technology - here are some important tips new BMW and used car owners can take in to account to optimize the protection airbags provide.
7 Airbag Safety Tips from BMW1. Sit properly (i.e., no feet on the dash, back against the seatback).
2. Always wear a safety belt.
3. Young children should always ride in secure child safety seats or boosters.
4. Make sure all children under the age of 12 always ride in the back seat.
5. Position your seat to allow at least 10 inches between your head and chest and the steering wheel or if you're a passenger - the dash. 6. Drivers and passengers of all ages should not rest against doors. Without room to inflate, door-mounted airbags can cause serious injury.
7. If your in-dash airbag light comes on and stays on, take your vehicle to a BMW service center as soon as possible.
Interested in more helpful advice from BMW?
Be sure to stay tuned to the Preston BMW blog. Located conveniently at 3843 Youngstown Rd in Waren, OH, we're committed to keeping you informed on everything from ways of enhancing safety to too-good-to-be-missed car loan and BMW lease specials available to Warren-area drivers.
Contact us online anytime. Call us, or swing by our state-of-the art facilities during our regular business hours.[INFO] http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/experience/newsfeed/post/2012/05/17/INSIDETRACK-JUNE-2012-AN-SAVc2ae-BORN-FOR-FUN-MEET-THE-NEW-BMW-X1.aspx