Do Not Ignore Your Check Engine Light
Many safety and maintenance features are built into your vehicle. The check engine light is an indication there is an internal problem in the engine. You shouldn’t ignore it; the light only activates when there is a significant issue. The top five things activating the light are:
- A missing or loose gas cap
- A problem with the Catalytic Converter
- An issue with the oxygen sensor
- Check the mass air flow sensor
- Check the spark plugs and attached wires
All of the problems listed can cause your car to run poorly or lead to larger problems, all of which can be expensive to repair. Remember, the light is an indicator there is a problem and, like all engine problems, ignoring it could lead to a much bigger problem. The best thing to do is contact our service center so our trained technicians can identify the problem.